How to Leave a Comment

To leave a comment, click on the "__ comments" link at the bottom of the post, then after you write your response go down under "Choose an Identity" and click on the "Name/URL" choice. Type in your name and leave the URL blank, then press the "Publish your comment" orange button. Your comment will not appear until I approve it.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Day 8


Woke up in our campsite this morning. Took everything down and had a Cliff Bar for breakfast. I am out of toilet paper, almost out of Motrin for my pain, and ready to go home! After a 5 mile hike down 3,000 feet I am going to get my car at the bottom of the mountain and rest for the rest of my last day. The hike down is exasperating because my knee is still in a lot of pain and every step downhill sends pain shooting through it. I am probably getting huge arm muscles though because I'm using my poles like crutches and slowly bringing myself down the mountain!

1 comment:

Barb said...

You're reminding me of our 6 miles trip, which was to be just a walk up the trail, years ago, right after I got my cast off my broken leg. No water, no food, and miles: I was one unhappy camper. Having babied the bad leg, I had shooting pains in my good leg. I was not a very happy person with the gentleman that took us on this hike. But, dinner and sitting made me forget it all.

Isn't it nice that life goes on and then it all becomes a story...if we're lucky?