How to Leave a Comment

To leave a comment, click on the "__ comments" link at the bottom of the post, then after you write your response go down under "Choose an Identity" and click on the "Name/URL" choice. Type in your name and leave the URL blank, then press the "Publish your comment" orange button. Your comment will not appear until I approve it.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Day 3

Today was a rough one for me... We woke up at our tentsite at 7:30am
hoping to hike 23 miles to a fancy 3-story shelter. However, halfway
through the day my feet got really really sore until it was bringing
tears to my eyes to walk. Then later my knee started to have a
shooting pain in each step. I continued to hike and hike. After 13
miles we stopped to make dinner with three miles straight up a
mountain left to go before the next shelter. Koda was so tired he
collapsed on a pile of leaves and wouldn't even get up to eat. Ticks
were crawling all over us and feasting on the dogs. After a filling
dinner of pasta and sauce and a Reese's Fast Break for dessert, we
were about to gather our things together when it started downpouring.
We ran around throwing on our rain gear and packing up. Koda and Lucy
were so miserable. We happened to be right next to a road and in time
got a ride to a motel 7 miles away. I'm resting my feet and hoping
for a little less pain tomorrow.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hang in there. It's tough coming in the middle, but you're doing great and giving us a look at the trials that can happen on the trail. Give Koda a kiss for me....if you can find a spot (on his nose) with no ticks.

Wendy Salomon said...

We are cheering you on every day here at our house! Sending wishes of strength and determination your way!
The Salomon Family