How to Leave a Comment

To leave a comment, click on the "__ comments" link at the bottom of the post, then after you write your response go down under "Choose an Identity" and click on the "Name/URL" choice. Type in your name and leave the URL blank, then press the "Publish your comment" orange button. Your comment will not appear until I approve it.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Native American Names Activity

Hello class! Today you are going to adopt your own Native American name. This is the site on which I found my dog Takoda's name. You will choose a name which either sounds cool to you or the meaning of the name is significant to you or reflects your own characteristics. Write the name and meaning on your notecard, then post a comment about what name you chose, its meaning, and why you chose it.
Boys click here
Girls click here

20 comments:

Matt#162 said...

I choosed Ahiga that means he fights I only choosed that because I like fighting with my brother :)

Liam said...

ABOOKSI means wildcat

Tommy said...

I choose Cheveyo witch means spirit warrior.I choose it because it sounds cool and I like it`s meaning.

tobey said...

im tobey and i chose hevovitastamiiutso meaning ''whirlwind.''

John said...

I choosed Aniga because he fights and I fight with my sister and I win

Ariel Walker said...

i found these cool names one is Adsila it means Blossom and i found calfuray it means voilet don,t you think that that is a cute name and i found chosovi it means bluebird and one that is Awini it means fawn and one that is odahingum it means rippling water.and the story i wanted to tell you once when i was in kintergarten it was pic. day we were leaving and i kicked my shoe of and it my head and i had to get an ice bag from the nures there was a bump.

sam said...

This is sam my native american name is napayshini it means courage and strong.

Allyssa said...

nukpana,evil. i chose it because i pretend I'm evil

Talia said...

I am Talia and I chose the name Kachina(sacred dancer spirit)because it's my 5th year dancing.

tieana said...

chayton because it means a falcon and i like falcons like steart litttle when he trys to get steart little and he make an airplain tieana

Natalie said...

my name is honovi and it means strong deer.



love,

Natalie

Niskua said...

Niskua!!! I chose Niskua because it is my Native American name. It means "daughter of the moon."

Natalie said...

my name is honovi and it means strong deer.



love,

Natalie

ILANA said...

JACI because it means moon or DONOMA means sight of the sun.Also because they are pretty. love;ILANA

josh said...

istaqa mening coyote man

Rosa said...

numees it sounds weird

bailey said...

BAILEY! I chose the name TOLINKA.It means flapping ear of a coyote!!!

Miss Coffey said...

When I was in high school I did this for fun. I still remember the name I chose for myself... I chose the name "Chenoa" which means "bird of peace." I always wished I could fly away like a bird, and I am a peaceful person.

Miss Coffey said...

Also, I chose the name "Takoda" for my dog. It means "friend of all."

Anonymous said...

Wachiwiwi