How to Leave a Comment

To leave a comment, click on the "__ comments" link at the bottom of the post, then after you write your response go down under "Choose an Identity" and click on the "Name/URL" choice. Type in your name and leave the URL blank, then press the "Publish your comment" orange button. Your comment will not appear until I approve it.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Native American Names Activity

Hello class! Today you are going to adopt your own Native American name. This is the site on which I found my dog Takoda's name. You will choose a name which either sounds cool to you or the meaning of the name is significant to you or reflects your own characteristics. Write the name and meaning on your notecard, then post a comment about what name you chose, its meaning, and why you chose it.
Boys click here
Girls click here

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

my name is Sitala. meaning good memeory




sophia

Anonymous said...

My name is Sitala It means good memory!!!!

Ruth

Anonymous said...

I chose Adsila because blossom is 1 of my favorite flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ethan's name is Nukpana means evil.

Anonymous said...

my name is ohcumgache witch means little wolf

Anonymous said...

I chose Abooksigun becose it means wildcat.

Anonymous said...

I choose Aponi because, I really like butterfly's cause I
think they are beautiful and they are one of my favorite animals.

Anonymous said...

hi my name is OHANZEE !!!!!!!!!! I LIKE MY NAME YO IT MEANS SHADOW!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I chose the name matchitehew it means evil heart

Anonymous said...

i chose chua because it means snakes and snakes are cool to look at and they are very interesting to study about

Anonymous said...

I chose cheveyo meaning spirt warrior

Anonymous said...

I choose 'hania' because my name starts with H.

Anonymous said...

SOPHIE'S NAME IS ..............KUWANLELENTA
MAKES BEAUTIFUL SURROUNDINGS.


(KOKYANGWUTI SPIDER AT MIDDLE AGE)




FROM SOPHIE

Anonymous said...

my native american name is chuchip hopi meaning deer spirit

Anonymous said...

I chose napayshni

because it means courageous and strong

Miss Coffey said...

Nice job class! Years ago I chose the name Chenoa which means "bird of peace" because I try to be peaceful and I always wished I could fly!